GaoMei Wetland (高美湿地) is well known of its breathtaking scenery, especially during sunset, with all those huge windmills spread out in that area . That beautiful place was located in QingShui (清水) District of TaiChung (台中), around 38km from HSR TaiChung Station (台中高铁站). The wetland’s ecology has diversified species of plants and animals like birds, crabs and fishes, where the soils consist of mixture of mud and sand.
Getting to GaoMei Wetland (高美湿地)
Initially we wanted to get there by bus and train, from HSR TaiChung Station, but our research shows that hiring driver will be a better choice for us.
Traveling time by taking bus and train would take up to 1hour (excluded waiting time). Besides that, the bus services’ frequency was pretty low and timings weren’t good for us. We rather to spend more money hiring driver, so that able to have more enjoyable and quality time at that relaxing place.
If you are interested to travel by bus and train, here are the steps with starting point at HSR TaiChung Station:
- Walk to Xinwuri (新乌日) train station, and take train to QingShui (清水) station, take around 30mins. You can find most updated train timetable and information here at Taiwan Railways Administration website.Xinwuri train station to QingShui train station timetable and fare.
- At QingShui (清水) train station, take Geya (巨业客运) bus service number 178 (NT21) or 179 (NT22), alight at last stop to GaoMei Wetland.
You can follow exactly the same route to go back. Take note of the buses’ timetables, especially the last bus.
GaoMei Wetland (高美湿地)
By hiring driver, our travelling time reduced to 30mins, from HSR TaiChung Station. We arrived GaoMei Wetland around 5pm, had more than sufficient time to explore the place and get ready for the beautiful sunset. You can check on the sunset time at this website.
We followed the pathway that leading us to a long wooden bridge, surrounding by spectacular greenery and wetland views.
At the end of the wooden bridge, we reach at an open wetland area. Are you ready to get your shoes off to feel the wetland, soil and water physically?
We had a wonderful evening at GaoMei Wetland, was a memorable and valuable trip, will try to include that into our next visit as well!
Night fall came so soon without us even noticing, until driver called to remind us about time to next destination. Then only we realized it was dinner time, and started feeling hungry… but no worry, because all the delicious foods in FengJia Night Market were await for our arrival!!!
- Evening is a good time to visit GaoMei Wetland, with tremendous sunset view!
- If you are to travel to GaoMei Wetland by bus and train, do check out the timetable and plan ahead to prevent wasting time during transition.
- Click here to check sunrise and sunset times.
Do share my posts if you find them useful, interesting and entertaining