1. Trek up to the summit of Mount Kinabalu
2. Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
A trip to Malaysia would definitely not be complete without a visit to the Petronas Towers in the nation’s capital city, Kuala Lumpur. Petronas Towers were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004, until the Taipei 101 building was built in Taiwan that took its title. Subsequently, now the Burj tower in Dubai has taken over the crown as the tallest. Although it has lost its status as the tallest building in the world, it is still a marvelous piece of architecture. The towers can be seen with a calming glow at night, and is the symbol of Malaysia’s quest to modernization.
3. Embrace the charm from the city of Georgetown, Penang
4. Visit the historical city of Melaka
5. Take a break from the heat and enjoy the cool temperatures of Cameron Highlands
6. Clear blue waters and white beaches of the Perhentian Islands
Unspoilt palm fringed white beaches, inviting clear blue seas, and the fresh crisp ocean air, this is what you will find at the Perhentian islands. Located off the north eastern coast of the Malaysian state of Terengganu, the two main islands that make up the Perhentian islands are Perhentian Besar, and Perhentian Kecil. Quiet, remote, but simply stunning.
7. Trek into the old rainforests of Taman Negara
8. Visit Kuching and surrounding areas in Sarawak
9. Try your luck and hopefully win big at Genting Highlands
Home to Malaysia’s first and only casino gaming resort, Genting Highlands is remarkably built on top of a mountain bordered between the Malaysian states of Pahang and Selangor. During its first inception, Genting Highlands was an ambitious dream that was doubted by many. Now Genting Highlands boasts 3 casinos, an outdoor themepark (complete with a drop tower ride and looping rollercoaster), an indoor themepark, numerous hotels, malls, and eating establishments. Usually packed with locals over the weekend, trying their luck for the big win. Its a quirky place to be, with some tackiness to it, but hey, sometimes tackiness is a good thing, since its all for some great fun.